Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Have to love my teacher friends....

Hey everyone!! So yesterday I took a quick trip to Walmart with Ms. C . I really didn't have anything to buy because I am basically done and waiting to get into my classroom. So I kinda just went for moral support. haha. Somehow I got dragged into her idea and I am SO GLAD I did. She wanted to make chairs for her students for her Reading corner and I decided to make some too. It was actually super easy to make & we had a lot of fun!! I am so proud of the both of us and I hope our kiddies appreciate their fun little chairs. Best part is-- we can use them as storage too!!! And who doesn't need more storage!? I sure do!
Seriously, how adore?! I love them! Mine are the animal print (goes with my whole jungle theme) and hers are the fun colorful polka dots.

I'm sure all of us have seen those pom-pom balls that people make for parties, weddings, etc.. I know you can buy them pre-made but I think it's a little costly. So I decided to make some for my classroom. I think they will add a nice little pop of color. It only costed me $4 to make. I got tissue paper, ribbon and pipecleaners all from the dollar store! I put 10 sheets of tissue paper together and folded it like an accordian from the bottom up. I then used a pipe cleaner and tied it around the center of the folded tissue paper. Then I carefully started on one side and pulled each piece of tissue apart and then went to the other side. It was pretty easy and I did it all while watching Home Alone (absolutely LOVE that movie). Here's my finished product!


Okay, before I go. I HAVE got to let you guys know about this great giveaway going on over at Fancy Free in Fourth 's page! She is celebrating 300 followers and has linked up with lots of other fun bloggers who are all giving away awesome items! check it out!!!

Okay, I gotta get moving. I am going to a bbq with friends from work and I am so excited! Haven't seen them in what seems like forever! Have a wonderful day!!!!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Your seats turned out great :)

Heidi
My (Not So) Elementary Life

Julia said...

I was back-to-school shopping at Walmart today as well. I think a lot of us teachers were out scrambling for those last minute things!
Anyway, I love your cute little seats! You did a great job! So bright & fun!

If you get a chance check out my new blog http://lattesnlaughter.blogspot.com/

Heather A said...

LOVE the pom-poms. I just put up some pictures of my class, and I have some of those hanging lanterns. I LOVE the way they make the room more welcoming and homey.

Thanks for the tutorial, though. I want to try to make those! (probably will not turn out as cute..haha)

Heather
Sensational Seconds

onlinephduk said...

I am fairly certain that everyone needs more storage. The chairs will add a special touch to the reading corner. Good job on adding a touch of color to the classroom, often the best ideas are the ones which require just a bit of creativity. Thanks for the tip on the giveaway.

Please visit My Webblog: Online PhD UK

Susan Thomas said...

Hi Ms. Hoot! I stumbled across your blog today and am right there with you ... I just made some of those AWESOME chairs myself!

I have also nominated you for the Liebster Award! Stop by my blog, www.teachinha.blobspot.com, to check out what it's all about!

I am your newest follower!

Martin Legault said...

I want to start by saying that your blog looks great! My name is Martin and I'm a teacher from Canada. I just started a new website called Resources4teaching where educators can buy and sell lessons and educational resources. We are new and are looking for people to join and put up their materials for sale on our website. We are having an iPad draw for the first 100 Vendors who join and upload at least 1 lesson /resource for sale on our website. There are absolutely no fees to join and you earn royalties of 70%. You can visit us at: http://www.resources4teaching.com
I also created the Resources4teaching forums where educators can discuss education. Feel free to join us and start sharing your best practices and strategies.
If you know any other teachers who might be interested in this Website, please forward this to them and if you have any questions, feel free to message me.

Have a great day

Post a Comment